Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ladar, Ladar, Ladar

This morning I scanned out everything the DSP found, and for some reason didn't record any of it. When I realized this, I scanned it all out again. And then? Server restart.

Server comes back up -- all new signal names! Start all over again!

One thing that helped me immensely with the 3rd round was wormnav. I highly recommend it for anyone doing exploration in wormholes.

I spent hours today mining c50s and c72s in a Ferox, filling the corp hangar in the Orca to about half full. The original idea was to do the mining in a well-tanked Ferox so I wouldn't have to clear the sites, but lately I've been keeping the alt in the Orca about 2200-2400 meters from the gas miner, so it can decloak, the miner empties his cargo right into the Orca, then it recloaks again. Very handy. But, it means I have to clear out the sites, so a tanked BC for mining is pointless.

Since this is the case, the next time a highsec hole pops up I'll be jumping the Ferox out to replace it with a Moa. I put together a Moa fitting with 5 T2 harvesters and a 1km3 cargo hold:

[Moa, gasser]

Gas Cloud Harvester II
Gas Cloud Harvester II
Gas Cloud Harvester II
Gas Cloud Harvester II
Gas Cloud Harvester II
Improved Cloaking Device II

10MN Afterburner I
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]

Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Warp Core Stabilizer I

Medium Cargohold Optimization I
Medium Cargohold Optimization I
Medium Cargohold Optimization I

It'll mine just as well as the Ferox, hold more in its cargo, warp out faster, and take up far less room in the maint array in the Orca. It's also cheaper to lose.

I haven't been completely clearing out the Ladar sites yet, because I don't finish Gas Cloud Harvesting V until early Friday morning.... At that point I'll be mining more than twice as fast as I am now, which will make emptying the sites so they'll despawn go much faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment